So far I’ve written nine, and am working on one more. Several, oddly, are westerns. Oddly because I had never considered that genre, either as a writer or a reader. For some reason, they seem to roll off my keyboard.
Anyway, my finished stories, so far, are:
- Just West of Clovis started this whole writing thing. It debuted in Out of the Storm.
- Fence Mending – A loner’s gotta be alone.
- Miss Dashwell’s Odyssey – A journey interrupted.
- Surviving Idaho – A sort of North western.
- Willie ‘n’ Me – Love and treachery after the Civil War.
- Awakening – A contemporary tale.
- Fatal Harmony – It’s a mystery!
- NOLA Nights – A 1960’s mystery. No cell phones, no computers. Wow! How did we survive back then?
Pandora, another mystery, following Ben Cable, Private Detective’s exploits, is finished after I took some time away to let the story come together better while I wasn’t watching. A second Ben Cable story, Missing Georgia, is now under way.
Others, just at the teaser stage, lurk in other genres
- The Trouble with Improvements – in Steampunk
- Meeting in the Mist – Would you believe romance?
- Running out of Time – Contemporary Women’s Fiction.
The last three may or may not grow up to be stories. Time alone will tell. Meanwhile, I’ve corralled the first nine into an anthology, Premium Mixed Nuts. It’s available as an E-Book now, and is almost hammered into paperback form. Hopefully very soon!